ADDITIONAL MECHANICAL ROOM SERVICES
Our on-line list of products and services is comprehensive but not exhaustive. Below are additional valuable services we provide. If there is something you need in your building that you don’t see on our site, please let us know. We want to be your one-stop-shop for all building services needs.
NYC Local Law 84 – Energy Benchmarking Compliance
In 2009 New York City passed a series of laws knows as the Greener, Greater Buildings Plan. Local Law (LL) 84, generally speaking was designed to assign a letter grade to all buildings in NYC to “benchmark” their energy consumption. Similar to restaurant letter grades, these scores are made public, in the hopes that buildings will strive to become greener, and leave behind a smaller carbon footprint. Not only do these laws drive buildings to operate better for the environment, but in many cases, buildings can use this data to lower operating costs and be more financially efficient.
- Buildings over 25,000 square feet must submit an energy benchmarking report to the NYC Department of Buildings.
- Due annually by May 1st for the previous calendar year.
- Fines for non-compliance are currently set at $500 per quarter until requirement is satisfied.
How Metro Helps:
- The Metro Group will assist in gathering all relevant water, electricity, steam, and oil consumption data.
- We will file the appropriate information with the DOB.
- We will save your data in our E-BINDER for easy access during any DOB inspection