MECHANICAL DIVISION: Boiler Sections & Tubes, R Stamp Boiler Repair, Disinfections, Automation
Metro’s Mechanical Services team was established to provide an outsourcing partnership option for the mechanical companies we work with and to make Metro a one-stop shop for those customers that require mechanical and/or boiler repair services. Our services are designed to be efficient, cost-effective, “green,” and performed in a timely, professional manner. We are committed to prompt completion of work requests, usually 1-2 business days unless otherwise requested by the customer, to ensure our customers have minimal downtime and can remain focused on what they do best: running their business.
In May 2011, Professional Boiler Maintenance, Inc joined The Metro Group family of businesses after being a major player in the NYC boiler repair marketplace for 38 years. The Professional Boiler Maintenance division of The Metro Group performs all mechanical work for Metro. We hold a New York State Repair Certificate of Authorization (R Stamp), issued by The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors through the R Stamp Certificate of Authorization Program. This certificate covers repairs and alterations made to boilers, pressure vessels, and other pressure-retaining items. In NYC, companies performing work on boilers are required to have this certificate in order for the boilers to remain in code compliance.
Successfully obtaining an R Stamp indicates a company has passed a rigorous inspection process and utilizes an approved, written quality control program, employs certified welders and other professionals, and adheres to construction code appropriate to the intended scope of work. Click here for additional information on the R Stamp program.
This certificate allows us to engage in the following types of work, including but not limited to:
– Inspection preparation and violation removal/repair
– Heavy boiler repairs, including sectional, access door and jacket repair and replacements
– Entire tube and tube sheet replacement
– Mud and steam drum replacement and repairs
– Oil and steam line piping
– Refractory work
– Boiler breeching (exhaust piping)
– Boiler room and oil tank room door replacement
– Condensate return tank replacement
– Exhaust and intake fan replacement
In addition, our mechanical team offers several different services that are directly related to the core of our water treatment business. They are designed to support our customers’ systems in a way that helps our customers receive the optimal benefit from our water treatment services. These services include but are not limited to:
– Installation of advanced chemical feed and control systems
– Mechanical room consulting
– Burner overhauls
– Coil cleanings
– Condenser cleanings
– Piping repairs-Leaks, corrosion, valves, return lines, and sump pumps
– 5HP and under pump replacement
– Chemical feed package upgrades (BPF, Conductivity)
– Manhole cover ring replacement
– Handhold replacement
– Dry taps
– Control replacement
Additional services include all chemical related cleanings and various boiler/burner services that will aid in the overall efficiency of boiler operation. We only use ANSI Grade-A quality steel in our work and direct manufacturer replacement parts when applicable.
Call us today to see what Metro and Pro Boiler’s mechanical services team can do for you!